The Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Renovator Refresher course (without hands-on) is to review the relevant and important information given in the RRP Initial training course, as well as provide any current information regarding regulatory changes, changes in work practices, and changes to the RRP Renovator discipline. This course covers the required refresher components under EPA's Lead RRP Rule and it is necessary for contractors, painters, and remodelers.
- Concerns about lead-based paint and its health effects
- EPA and HUD Regulations
- Preparing priorities before work
- Lead safe work practices
- Training Non-certified Renovation Workers
You can now take the Lead Renovator RRP Refresher Training (4 Hour) fully online. If taken online, the EPA Lead Renovator Refresher course (without hands-on) is valid for 3 years, and the next refresher course must be completed in-person. In-person EPA Lead RRP Refresher classes are valid for 5 years.
This course leads to a 3-year certification and must be followed by a course with hands-on if the renovator wishes to continue to be certified.
- Valid in 36 states including: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, HI, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH,
NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WV, & WY
- Students will receive the course certificate in a PDF file within 24 hours upon completion during weekdays and within 48 hours if completing the course on the weekends.
The following states DO NOT accept "Self-Paced Online" version of the Lead RRP Refresher course: AL, DE, GA, IA, KS, MA, MS, NC, OK, RI, UT, and WI.