The purpose and objectives of this course are to fulfill the AHERA annual refresher requirements for building inspectors and to conduct training as specified by federal regulations.
- AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (TSCA Title II)
- ASHARA – Asbestos School Hazard Abatement Reauthorization Act of 1990
- EPA – Model Accreditation Plan (MAP), Worker Protection Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart G, Asbestos-containing Materials in School Rule 40 CFR Part 763, Subpart E
- NESHAP – National Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
- OSHA – Asbestos Construction Standard 29 CFR 1926.58, Asbestos General Standard 29CFR 1910.1001, Respirator Requirements 29 CFR 1910.134
The course includes 13 modules that cover (1) Asbestos background information, asbestos identification, (2) Potential health effects, (3) Role of inspector, (4) Insurance issues in asbestos industry, (5) Building systems, (6) Public/employee/building occupant relations, (7) Pre-inspection, inspection, & post-inspection, (8) Bulk sampling and sample analysis, (9) Damage assessment, (10) Recordkeeping & inspection report, (11) Respiratory protection, (12) Legal liabilities, and regulations of federal agencies and state and local government, (13) identify asbestos in a building, and (14) Final exam.
AHERA Online Asbestos Building Inspector Refresher (4 Hour)
Information and User Verification
The Characteristics of Asbestos
Health and Asbestos Exposure
Liabilities and Insurance
Identify Asbestos in a Building
Inspector Refresher Exam